Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring break & weekly chicken update

So we really kind of sat around for spring break, which is a huge relief compared to how life usually runs around here.   We did go rollerskating- ummm, definately no pictures from that- i forgot about all those muscles and other skills it takes to roll around the rink.  Kids did great, Tara and I had a final wipeout at the end, but we went home happy.

 I am behind on the chicken pictures.  We did end up getting a few more.  2 Delawares and 2 Barnvelders.  The baby Delwares or "the puffs" as we call them are fun to watch. They seem so teeny next to our "2 week olds"




a grown up Delaware.















Here is their set up in our master bathroom until yesterday.  They are now thankfully in the garage with heat lamps.  So Rob and I don't wake up to chirpy birds at 3 a.m. every morning.  They were LOUD! Okay and somewhat endearing, but it is nicer to sleep longer.  Coop construction has begun outside....


More kid/chicken pics. Tara still runs right past me off the bus to check on the chickens.






The garden has begun growing- in milk jugs. They worked like little greenhouses.  And yes, I learned how to do this on Pinterest.....
 We need to get our 6 foot "deer fence" up and raised bed build pronto- stuff is already growing like crazy.  I know this is like, redneck farming.  But it worked.... so I'll probably do it again......



No comments:

Post a Comment